Welcome to Alliance Dr. Olga Mohan High School (DOMHS)! We are an independent start-up charter school researched and developed by Alliance College-Ready Public Schools, a nonprofit charter management organization dedicated to opening and operating a network of excellent small high-performing 9-12 and 6-8 public schools in historically underachieving, low income, overcrowded communities in Los Angeles that will significantly outperform other public schools in preparing students for college admission and success.
DOMHS is a small charter school located outside of downtown Los Angeles. Our first school year started in 2006 with only 140 students in grades 9; since then we have grown to 440 students in grades 9-12.
We are proud of accomplishments which include consistently ranking in the top 5 schools of LAUSD. During the 2012-13 school year, we were ranked as the highest performing school in LAUSD as well as the highest performing school in the Alliance. Within the past 7 years, our school has also received the following recognitions:
- 2016 Education Equality Index Top Ten School
- 2016 US News & World report Rankings: Gold Award
- 2015 US News & World report Rankings: Gold Award
- 2013 US News & World Report Rankings: #1 in Los Angeles, #14 in California, #95 in the United States
- 2013 California Distinguished School
- 2011 Charter School of the Year Hart Vision Award by the California Charter School Association
- 2010 California Distinguished School
- 2009-10 EPIC Gold Gain Award
- 2009-10 Title I Achievement Award
- 2008-09 EPIC Silver Gain Award
- 2008-2009 Title 1 Achievement Award
In addition to our awards, 99% of our students pass one or both sections of the California High School Exit Exam during their sophomore year, 100% of our seniors graduate on time, and over 90% of our students are accepted into a 4-year university. Our accomplishments only demonstrate our strong focus on a college academic culture and high student achievement. We will continue to strive for nothing less.